News.YC releaseThe key difference is the release of the News.YC source in news.arc. This 1769-line file apparently provides the full implementation of news.ycombinator.com. One interesting thing is that stories are ranked according to (score-1) / (age-in-hours ^ gravity), where gravity is 1.4 by default.
There are also some gifs to support the site. The following is a list of the new files in arc2:
- news.arc: the source for news.ycombinator.com.
- grayarrow.gif: gray uparrow
- graydown.gif: gray downarrow
- s.gif: 1x1 transparent spacer
- y18.gif: 1x1 spacer (same as s.gif)
- arc-list? fix for '()
- write, disp cleanup
- Renamed when-usermatch to when-umatch, when-usermatchr to when-umatch/r, matchform to uform.
- Removed pw from good-login record.
- (firstn nil xs) now returns xs
- (nthcdr nil xs) now returns xs
- trav renamed to treewise
- New function union on sequences.
- New function addtem to create a template.
- New functions hours-since and days-since.
- ensure-dir fix.
- Function only is now entirely different. Wraps a function to only call it if given args.
- Function plural moved to strings.arc. Now if w/bars were moved too...
- New function trav: takes an object and functions. Applies the functions to the object.
- New function defhook and hook to register and execute functions?
- Added orange as a color.
- para now takes arguments.
- Removed image-url and local-images*
- spacetable renamed to sptab.
- Added single-input and cdata.
- Added news.arc.
- Remove "frug" default account.
- Excludes .arc as a static filetype, to hide source.
- plural function moved here from arc.arc.